Are you ready to change your world?
Are you committed to fair labor standards and passionate about social responsibility? Have you dreamed of running your own organization – an organization with the mission of changing the world? Are you enthusiastic and have experience in the apparel or print industries? If the answers to these questions are “yes”, we need to talk! In exchange for your skill, dedication and passion to change the world, you will be paid to shape the development of an exemplary company where you will participate in ownership.
Built on a social co-operative foundation of democratic principles and labor equity, WorX is a truly unique co-operative company that fulfills a market demand for apparel embellishment using fair labor, fair trade and environmental standards. Before applying, please browse our site for more information on the vision, mission, and details of this exciting opportunity.
The company seeks an enthusiastic, passionate believer in the anti-sweatshop movement who has the potential to become a cooperative owner for its Sutton, MA location. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing print production and performing hands-on technical print operations. The ideal candidate will be mechanically minded, self-directed, self-motivated, and have an excellent eye for detail.
Responsibilities: The candidate must:
- Work to advance the anti-sweatshop movement through day to day leadership of the Co-operative
- Operate Kornit direct digital print equipment and thermal transfer equipment, including the hands-on technical print set-up
- Coordinate effective staging of jobs to be printed, review work order and specifications to confirm accuracy and print quality
- Inspect pre-press materials and printed products at various stages of production to ensure conformance to specifications, applying knowledge of print techniques
- Monitor performance against production standards, objectives, and budget and implement corrected action as needed
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow safety regulations
- Carry out planned maintenance on press and related equipment as per maintenance schedules
- Monitor tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of production floor to ensure adequate working conditions; requisition supplies as necessary
- Provide ongoing input into the company’s processes for improvement, increased efficiency, and cost reduction
- Manage and monitor P&L, accounting and financial management of the co-operative
Requirements: The candidate will:
- Be committed to and passionate about the anti-sweatshop movement with a desire to build a business around social responsibility and fair labor practices
- Have technology and computer proficiency with working knowledge of Photoshop
- Have experience operating direct digital print equipment and/or screen printing or thermal transfer equipment with apparel printing trade background
- Have a minimum of two years’ business experience
- Possess strong math and reading skills. Hold a high school diploma or GED; college welcome
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to learn digital or screen printing processes and set up design on press
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and complete equipment maintenance
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable assistance
- Have outstanding attention to detail, organization, planning, and problem solving skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrate sound business judgment, strong decision making, and superior written and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong sense of urgency with a “get the job done” attitude
- Have read, understood and enthusiastically commit to the core mission of the Cooperative
- Read the relevant definitions of workers cooperatives at the Democracy at Work Institute web site link here
If you’re looking to make a difference as a co-op member, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org